VIKINGMANIA: DOIS SÉCULOS DE CONSTRUÇÃO DA REPRESENTAÇÃO DO VIKING
In recent decades, media culture has witnessed a large production of content about the Vikings, something driven by the so-called Vikingmania. This paper aimed to conceptualize Vikingmania, a term used to refer to the enthusiasm for this period and its people, but without a clearly defined definition. Therefore, this paper, in addition to presenting a concept, also outlined a historical summary of its development, showing how the imagery about the Vikings was shaped and different uses were given to it, showing how the Viking image was transformed in two hundred years.
The author (s) of the original submitted undertake to comply with the following:
- All authors are publicly responsible for it.
- The authors claim that this original is their own and that they assume full responsibility to third parties, whether moral or patrimonial, by reason of its content, stating that the work does not infringe any intellectual property rights of third parties.
- The author (s) agree to the copyrights of the original to Scandia Journal, to which they grant permission for its reproduction, editing and online publication.
- The author (s) grant their copyright of their original to the Scandia Journal, licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which allows the sharing of this work with the acknowledgment of their authorship.
- The author (s) have permission and are encouraged to cite and distribute their original.