AS INCURSÕES VIKINGS SOB UM NOVO OLHAR: PARA UMA ERA VIKING GLOBAL
Abstract: In recent times, Global History has reached more and more space in the historiographical analysis of capitalist societies. However, its usefulness as a historical perspective has also proved to be fruitful for pre-capitalist societies, given the growth of analyzes around a Global Middle Ages. In this sense, the present work aims to examine the historiography about the Viking incursions between the 8th and 9th centuries, framing systematic expeditions in multiple regions of the world as a structuring system. Therefore, the aim is to establish the fundamental parameters for the configuration of a Global Viking Age,
demonstrating how the incursions provided an intensification of Scandinavia's contacts and connections with the globe that had never been seen before.
Keywords: Global Viking Age, Viking raids, Global History, Medieval Scandinavia, Global Middle Ages
The author (s) of the original submitted undertake to comply with the following:
- All authors are publicly responsible for it.
- The authors claim that this original is their own and that they assume full responsibility to third parties, whether moral or patrimonial, by reason of its content, stating that the work does not infringe any intellectual property rights of third parties.
- The author (s) agree to the copyrights of the original to Scandia Journal, to which they grant permission for its reproduction, editing and online publication.
- The author (s) grant their copyright of their original to the Scandia Journal, licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which allows the sharing of this work with the acknowledgment of their authorship.
- The author (s) have permission and are encouraged to cite and distribute their original.