WHO ARE THESE MEN WHO COME FROM THE NORTH? THE NORMANS: THE CONQUEST OF CHRISTENDOM (TREVOR ROWLEY)
Cover image (Reviews): ROWLEY, Trevor. The Normans: The Conquest of Christendom. New York: Pegasus, 2021.
Trevor Rowley's The Normans: The Conquest of Christendom, published in the fall of 2021 by Pegasus publishers, is not intended to survey Norman history related to England and Normandy, but to extrapolate those borders towards a history of these peoples throughout Europe. The author's aim is to highlight the role of the Normans since their arrival and establishment in the north of the Carolingian kingdom, until their conquest in the Anglo-Saxon region, the Levant, North Africa, the south of the Italian Peninsula and Sicily, as well as their participation in the First Crusade and the Norman conquests in Byzantium, Constantinople and Antioch.
The author (s) of the original submitted undertake to comply with the following:
- All authors are publicly responsible for it.
- The authors claim that this original is their own and that they assume full responsibility to third parties, whether moral or patrimonial, by reason of its content, stating that the work does not infringe any intellectual property rights of third parties.
- The author (s) agree to the copyrights of the original to Scandia Journal, to which they grant permission for its reproduction, editing and online publication.
- The author (s) grant their copyright of their original to the Scandia Journal, licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which allows the sharing of this work with the acknowledgment of their authorship.
- The author (s) have permission and are encouraged to cite and distribute their original.